| Showing off their new toothbrushes and pearly whites |
Friday, August 31, 2012
Callie and Kessler's First Dental Visit
On Tuesday, August 14th Callie and Kessler went to the dentist for the very first time. What a visit it was. I decided to take them to one of those Pediatric Dental offices in hopes that it would be a delightful experience for both of them. Callie, I was not worried about. It was Kessler who I practically have to pin down and lay on top of in order to brush his teeth. To add to this visit, I had a three week old who does not like to sit quietly in her car seat while mom holds the other kids hands when the dentist is digging around in their mouth. Praise the Lord I had a friend come to help with Kylah. Callie was a super star dental patient. She loved the whole experience. She even got to brush her teeth with cupcake flavored toothpaste. Kessler was a super star for about 2 minutes. He is the one who had some yucky build up on his teeth and really needed a good scraping to get it off. After about 2 minutes of the dental assistant brushing his teeth and attempting to polish them, I looked down and saw little tears rolling out of his eyes. He looked so scared and kept saying my name over and over again but kept very still and his mouth open. I don't know how he managed to do that. The dentist quickly came over and scraped at his teeth in order to remove that build up. He did not like that. Poor guy was a trooper. He kept laying very still despite getting tortured by the dentist. I am so proud of both of them. Afterwards they got their little goody bag full of fun dental stuff. Callie left asking if we could come back tomorrow and Kessler left clinging to me for dear life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment